Mears Installation, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Installation, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
Laborers are an integral part of our crew. You will work with a team to safely complete underground utility construction projects. Duties for a laborer can be physically demanding and require working in an outdoor construction setting.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Load or assist with loading materials or equipment
- Utilize hand tools to dig near existing underground utilities
- Prepare pre-trip equipment prior to mobilizing to job site
- Assist in securing work site, equipment, and materials at the end of each shift
- Prepare documents, reports, or job aids related to work, equipment, and safety
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.