Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The hog equipment service tech drives service that meet customer’s satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability through provided FCS hog services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Ties workflow to schedule and scheduling needs of the customer.
- Manages all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnoses errors or service problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produces timely and detailed service reports.
- Troubleshoots, tests, repairs and services technical equipment.
- Cooperates and communicates with hog services team and shares information across the organization.
- Understands customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment.
- Possess mechanical skills to perform maintenance tasks.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment, attention to unloading / loading trucks and moving equipment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Comfort in adding, subtracting, multiplication and division of whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer experience in field service, animal husbandry or related field.
This position is based in a fast paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. The physicality of this job is high.
- 401k Company matches 50% up to 10%
- Vacation & Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Company bonus incentive
- Excellent health insurance plans
- Dental & Vision available
- Short & Long Term Disability provided at no cost to you
- Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- 10% Discount on purchases at the How-To Building Center
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.