COMPANY SUMMARY: A third generation family-owned business, Shapiro & Duncan has been serving customers in DC, Maryland and Virginia since 1976. The company is known for their award-winning company culture and complex commercial, government and institutional design-build projects that require first-rate performance, work quality and customer service. We specialize in full service mechanical solutions which include engineering, coordination, prefabrication assembly, construction, service and maintenance.
JOB SUMMARY: Seasonal - Summer help only - 16 & over.
REPORTS TO: Foreman, Leadman, Job Site Supervisor.
- Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as needed. Must be flexible with schedule.
- Reliable transportation- go to sites in Metro DC as assigned/needed.
- Satisfactory background check and initial/random drug tests.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Works well with team, including other trades.
- Inquisitive: wants to learn; asks questions.
- Communicates effectively in English.
- Able to lift five to fifty pounds (5-50lbs), with or without assistance, frequently.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, climb, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
- Able to withstand exposure to heights, tight/confined spaces; work in dusty areas; work in temperature extremes; be exposed to external elements (wind, rain, snow, etc).
- Keep jobsite clean and safe.
- Perform tasks as assigned.
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Follow OSHA and S&D safety guidelines.
- Have minimum required hand tools.
- Be responsible for company tools (do not mistreat or leave unattended).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Be dependable and reliable.
- Keep up morale and maintain a positive attitude.
Click here to see a list of our company benefits: https://www.shapiroandduncan.com/careers-benefits/