Reports to: Director of Project Management
LeJeune Steel Company, an industry leading structural steel fabricator, employs an innovative team approach to successfully execute a wide array of projects in three fabrication facilities. The ideal project manager is passionate about construction design and devotes their creativity and energy to delivering an exceptional client experience. The project manager is primarily responsible for the successful execution of each project throughout its life-cycle, interfacing and communicating with a wide variety of both internal and external customers.
- Professional – give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
- Accountable – get it done, own the results
- Superior Service – do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
- Innovative – think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
- Optimistic – be positive, have courage, failure happens – learn from it
- Nimble – embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
- Project Management – Possess an in-depth understanding of project management principals as used in the construction industry.
- Planning and Organization – Possess the ability to maintain organization of multiple duties across multiple projects, continuously progresses toward these goals, and drives results to completion.
- Collaboration – Creates a collaborative atmosphere within the project team, the organization, and the client relationship.
- Negotiation – Effectively explore alternatives to reach mutually advantageous outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
Responsibilities/Tasks of role:
- Deeply understand project scope and objectives.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within and/or under budget.
- Develop a detailed construction sequencing plan with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain a detailed project schedule to monitor and track progress, to inform internal and external stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Proactively manager change events to the project scope and develop requests for change orders using appropriate verification techniques and approval process.
- Create and maintain project financial statements.
- Establish and build relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Coordinate connection design and detailers to produce drawings that meet LeJeune Steel’s standards that facilitate efficiency in fabrication (RFI’s).
- Attend and lead project and site meetings as representative of LeJeune Steel.
- Resolve shop and site fabrication/fit-up issues.
- Establish and foster successful business relationships with the clients, owners, third parties, and vendors.
- Any other requested tasks by the organization to successfully execute a project.
- Bachelor of Science with a focus of construction management or engineering is preferred.
- Successful track record of past project management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communicator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with MS Project, Procore, Fabtrol MRP or similar software is a plus.
- Project management Professional (PMP), CPMP, or CPPM certification is a plus.
- Ability & desire to work on project locations from time to time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background check.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.