We Fly with the Fastest …
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
Primarily responsible for the export and import compliance program to ensure company is following all regulatory requirements. Provide trade compliance oversight to all activities, working with multiple departments to ensure effective compliance controls have been implemented into procedures and work instructions. Provide trade compliance training. Has independent authority to inquire into any aspect of a proposed export or import to verify its legality and accuracy of information to be submitted and ability to stop any transaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and approve export/import license or permit applications
• Advise senior management about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions
• Analyze and interpret export and import regulations and maintain current knowledge of changes
• Review with department managers their trade compliance internal controls (including procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, tools, etc.) to ensure they are current and compliant
• Work pro-actively with all departments to prevent trade disruptions
• Ensure jurisdiction and product classifications are valid
• Monitor compliance activities and effectiveness of internal controls
• Prepare, review and approve technology control plans, and provide technology transfer oversight
• Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied
• Analyze contracts and identify trade compliance issues
• Transact records in trade compliance information systems
• Prepare and verify export shipping documentation for ad-hoc and other non-routine shipments
• Work with freight forwarders to ensure trade compliance
• This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience with at least 10 years of business experience; 5 years of experience with export and/or import regulatory compliance
• Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Experience in trade compliance information systems is a plus
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Experience and knowledge of ITAR/EAR rules and regulations as established by the US Government including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by OFAC, Customs Regulations, and Foreign Trade Regulations; familiarity with customs requirements, export licensing, economic sanctions and arms embargos, re-export and retransfer requirements
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple accounts/projects, while being flexible to changing priorities
• Ability to prioritize, meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
• Strong administrative skills: organization, time management, planning and problem solving
• High level of motivation and sense of urgency
• This job does not have supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lift up to 20 lbs.
• Push and pull 20 lbs.
• Bend Occasionally
• Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
• Talk and Listen Frequently
• Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random testing. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
“Arrowhead Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead Products is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”