COMPANY SUMMARY: A third generation family-owned business, Shapiro & Duncan has been serving customers in DC, Maryland and Virginia since 1976. The company is known for their award-winning company culture and complex commercial, government and institutional design-build projects that require first-rate performance, work quality and customer service. We specialize in full service mechanical solutions which include engineering, coordination, prefabrication assembly, construction, service and maintenance.
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Project Manager is a valuable part of the company management team. An individual, that while gaining experience in project management, mirrors all of the duties of the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager must be capable of interacting in a professional manner with all team members from Owner/Contractor, subcontractors, vendors, superintendents and field personnel.
REPORTS TO: Project Executive (Manager-once-removed is Vice President of Construction).
- Basic knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems with 1-2 years’ experience in mechanical/related trade (electrical, HVAC, etc.).
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal guidance and supervision to achieve time-sensitive goals.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows operating system.
- Some college coursework or apprenticeship program completion preferred.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with positive, service-oriented, professional demeanor.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse set of people.
- Able to read blue prints, drawings and designs.
- Strong aural, verbal, written skills (read/write/understand/speak English)
KRA 1: Project Start Up
- Assist with ordering Bonds and Certificate of Insurance.
- Work with Project Coordinator to set up the project in PROCORE.
- Assist in preparing for the Planning Meeting.
- Assist with project introduction letters.
- Assist with issuance of Letter of Intents for Subcontractor’s and Vendors.
- Assist the Project Accountant in setting up the project in Timberline.
- Assist the Project Submittal Coordinator with creating the pipe and fitting schedule, valve schedule, and insulation schedule.
- Create the Equipment Delivery Log
- Assist with setting up the Construction Budget.
- Assist with setting up the Change Order Zero Budget.
- Assist with obtaining the permits.
- Assist with the distribution/uploading into PROCORE of Posted Contract Documents that consist of drawings, specification, addendums, bid RFI’s etc.
KRA 2: Contract Requirements/Milestones.
- Contact Subcontract & Vendors for submittals.
- Assist with assembly of Payment Applications, Bill of Sale and other Payment application documents required.
- Assist with schedule updates.
- Issue RFI and Submittal Dunning Letters.
- Review submittals for compliance with contract documents.
- Manage the submittal process.
- Follow up with Subcontractor’s and Vendor’s to get answers or compliance statements on the submittal review comments.
- Assist the Project Submittal Coordinator with creating and reviewing the submittals for HVAC and PLBG specialty items.
- Assist with creation of Job Hazard Analysis
- Assist with creation of QC plan and QC submittals.
- Assist with scheduling jobsite inspections.
KRA 3: Purchase Orders
- Assist with the creation and management of purchase orders.
- Review schedule with Project Manager to determine critical delivery dates.
KRA 4: Subcontracts - Subcontractors
- Assist with writing subcontracts. Follow up with Subcontractors to receive executed contract.
- Assist with tracking certified payroll.
- Assist with Subcontractor enrollment for OCIP/CCIP insurance plans.
- Contact Sheet Metal, ATC, and Insulation Contractor monthly for copies of their payment applications.
- Create Subcontract change orders as required.
- Assist office personnel with the distribution and tracking of contracts.
KRA 5: Change Orders (PCO’s)
- Distribute Owner/ G.C. RFP, GC RFI’s, Change Notices, Bulletins, ASI’s etc. to S & D team members, vendors and Subcontractors.
- Send Not In Contract notice and Notice of Change Letters to the GC.
- Write RFP to subcontractors and ensure the subcontractors submit their proposal.
- Post PCO’s in Timberline and file copies in PROCORE.
- Update Estimate in Timberline and issue Subcontractor/Commitment Change Orders.
- Inform the Field in writing with what is approve and what is not.
- Issue PCO Dunning Letters to GC.
- Update Drawings and Specification with change documents and RFI response.
KRA 6: Project Closeout
- Develop and track a list of Attic Stock.
- Develop draft valve tag and equipment tag log.
- Track and follow up with balancing reports.
- Assist Commissioning Team with Cx Plan, reports, checklist etc.
- Create owner training schedule.
- Create the Warranty letter.
- Obtain As-Built from field and subcontractors.
- Distribute and track Punch List.
- Create and complete O & M Manuals.
Click here to see a list of our company benefits: https://www.shapiroandduncan.com/careers-benefits/