IES Commercial, Inc. – Commercial & Industrial Division, seeking Purchasing Agent.
- Performs activities associated with purchasing and/or leasing of construction materials, subcontracts and equipment.
- Obtain material and subcontractor quotes for project bids - must be able to manage multiple bids at one time.
- Prepare bid comparison spreadsheet for all bid categories.
- Transition awarded project bids to formal procurement with the necessary technical submittals and delivery schedules.
- Negotiates related material, equipment and subcontracts upon project award.
- Assist active projects with procurement of materials and equipment when needed.
- Supervision and training of purchasing support personnel.
- Maintain required documentation for all communications.
- Complies with all company and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Travel may be required.
- Minimum 5 years' recent construction material procurement experience.
- Technical or business related 4 year degree or equivalent training with related experience.
- Knowledge of substation and transmission materials with provable relevant experience.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software including MS Office.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and maintain required documentation for all communications.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug test, and MVR check when responsibilities require operating motor vehicles.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check when applicable per customer contract requirement.
Company Overview: IES Commercial, Inc. – Commercial & Industrial Division, a subsidiary of IES Holdings, Inc. (IES), an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. IES is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. IES Commercial & Industrial operates diverse business units across the United States, each focusing on distinct market segments and geographies, with some business units operating nationally. Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it.
Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary match, flexible medical-dental-vision insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/AD&D insurance and highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off in the majority of business units.