The PR Assistant will work with the PR & Content Director to execute day-to-day communications related to Public Relations and social media. Responsibilities include supporting all efforts related to media and developing social media strategies and tactics to maximize Milwaukee Rep’s digital footprint
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the writing of compelling, accurate media releases in proper AP Style.
- Staff and coordinate on-site and off-site interviews and appearances for artists.
- Provide support to the Video Producer, as needed, for artist in-house interviews.
- Staff and coordinate VIP Walk-on appearances of community members during A Christmas Carol.
- Coordinate opening night press needs including invitations, reservations, ticketing and photography as needed.
- Work the Press Check-in table at Opening Nights.
- Create media kits for each production.
- Maintain archives and company photo database and distribution of materials to other theaters, producers, journalists, scholars and students.
- Coordinate distribution of all photographs and video to media as well as production teams and communicate usage guidelines.
- Support supervisor in research and writing of social media content as directed.
- Schedule postings and monitor to make sure schedule is implemented correctly.
- Monitor all social media platforms during the workday, interacting with patrons conversationally and responding to comments and messages that require action in a timely manner; monitor social media on evenings and weekends; coordinate with supervisor for coverage support as needed.
- Provide support to Social Media Club including, but not limited to: coordinating attendance at productions and special events including taking RSVPs and staffing the check in tables at opening nights and/or working special events for the SMC.
- Stay in regular contact with the SMC providing them updates and content to share on their platforms and overall keeping them engaged throughout the season.
Publications and Content
- Provide support for show programs/playbills including research, requesting bios and headshots as well as proofing/writing of bios and other content for the programs.
- In addition to writing press releases and social media posts as needed, additional writing may include copy for: postcards, website, emails, blogs and marketing sales letters.
- As needed represent Milwaukee Rep at on- and off-site events, conferences and festivals (may include evenings and weekends).
- Contribute to Marketing Department’s event planning, coordination and execution.
- Support and collaborate with other marketing team members on a project-by-project basis.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Attend staff meetings, marketing meetings and other meetings as required.
- Attend Opening Nights.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or sales with 1-2 years of experience
- Familiarity with and passion for the performing arts
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and an ability to conceive and shape compelling content
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn new skills
- Highly organized, able to create streamlined workflow structures and processes
- Able to prioritize and multitask without compromising quality to meet strict deadlines
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Collaborative team player, equally comfortable working individually and in groups
- Excellent communicator, able to give clear explanation and direction as needed
- Detail oriented and astute
- Good sense of judgement and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SnapChat, and YouTube marketing
- Proficiency with social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) a plus
- Demonstrated experience in basic understanding of HTML code a plus
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license is required for the position and access to a personal car is preferred
- In compliance with federal law, the person hired in this position will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws