The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current project consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and refinery.
The Refiner is responsible for the day-to-day operations in the refinery which will include:
- Accurate documentation of lot and pour numbers, shift reports and metal weights
- Maintain a high sense of security, confidentiality, and ethical approach ensuring compliance with all security measures
- Mix reagents for smelting
- Load and unload the retort
- Pour and prep the gold for shipment
- Maintain a clean work environment free of hazards
- Ensure adequate supplies of operating consumables are always available, including; fluxes, wool crucibles, safety equipment and reagents
- Operate under all Industrial Hygiene and Environmental requirements
- ADR responsibilities as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Superintendent, Process Manager, and/or Chief Metallurgis
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years as a Refiner in the mining industry required.
- Work with minimal or no supervision, follow instructions and provide feedback required.
- Follow strict Safety Policies and Standards.
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with 5% company match, vested date of hire
- Life Insurance