Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
KA Realty’s mission is to continue to be a fully integrated commercial real estate service organization dedicated to serving our customers with a high degree of professionalism and integrity while protecting and maximizing the value of the properties entrusted to our care.
We will conduct our business in a manner which:
- Provides an environment in which tenants can prosper.
- Allows employees to grow and develop.
- Enhances the property values of our clients,
- Demonstrates concern for community and environment.
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been shaping the American landscape. Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for over 75 years, Kraus-Anderson provides innovative, collaborative services to clients coast to coast, including commercial real estate development and management, construction, and risk management. We’re people building buildings, businesses and relationships
This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining favorable relationships with tenants, and to secure the maximum economic return on the landlord’s investment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned properties
- Develop and implement property budgets and comprehensive management plans, which create value and a return on the Landlord’s investment.
- Review and analyze ongoing financial results to include the preparation of appropriate monthly reports for ownership and to ensure value and investment objectives are being met, where not, orchestrate appropriate corrective actions.
- Direct the leasing of vacant space, negotiate lease renewals and prepare lease assignments and amendments to assure optimum return for the landlord and property.
- Assure timely rent collections.
- Interpret and implement lease clauses to ensure that all parties abide by the terms and conditions set therein.
- Respond to emergency situations that may arise at any of the assigned properties.
- Ensure the construction for renovation, leasehold and tenant improvements projects is successful and economically completed.
- Interface with and supervise maintenance personnel to ensure efficient handling of maintenance need a and administrative operation needs of the various properties.
- Prepare and impalement promotion programs for the assigned retail properties, including directing any Merchants Association/Marketing Fund meetings/funds.
- Evaluate tenant complaints and proceed with appropriate corrective action to ensure consistently good tenant relations.
- Maintain and implement tenant manuals and tenant anniversary and appreciation program.
- Interface with Leasing Department and leasing agents to ensure smooth coordination with new tenants.
- Establish and manage vendor and service contracts as required to maintain the assigned properties, including vendor certificates of insurance.
- Prepare and maintain Computer-aided Design (CAD) space plans for all assigned and maintain inventory of property as-built and tenant plans.
- Participation with City/Chamber organizations and trade organizations such as Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Minnesota Shopping Center (MSCA), etc.
- Implement special projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two to five years of experience in commercial property management
- Strong financial/analytical skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a posititive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meeting challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree, Certified Property Manager (CPM), Real Property Administrator (RPA), Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), or Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM) is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Real Estate License required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include:
- Clearly communicate information (both written and verbal) to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time; 50%+
- Use a computer/laptop/iPad in open office environment with natural and/or florescent lighting
- Navigate between office building floors, and on occasion, attend off-site meetings
- Lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package, including
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance & Disability
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact