Performs all accounting tasks connected with one or more projects and/or home office departments in the areas of accounts payable, P2P related functions (Procurement, P-Card, Supplier Management, etc.) and job cost.
- Responsible for all activities in the accounts payable function to processes supplier invoices for specific job sites as follows:
- Requests W9 and SSC form from new suppliers.
- Verifies that invoices have been matched to appropriate supporting documentation such as Purchase Orders and delivery tags and that they have been properly approved.
- Verifies unit pricing against a purchase order
- Validates the cost codes against the budget and if invalid, requests clarification from the Project Manager.
- Verifies that sales tax has been properly applied, accrues use tax if applicable.
- Enters invoice into accounting system applying it to the appropriate commitment when applicable.
- Reviews vendor statements and follows up on any past due invoices.
- Review subcontractor Pay Apps, correct errors by working with vendor and Project team members, verify required documents before payment is processed including:
- Insurance is current
- Bond has been received (or follows alternate procedures if waived),
- Certified Payroll obligations are met
- Proper recording of retainage
- Releases for Sub and any 2nd tier suppliers are received
- And that all other contractual obligations of the subcontract have been met
- Meet AP deadlines while ensuring Month End Accrual list is completed accurately and assist Bookkeepers on research involved to get their accruals completed as well.
- Ability to reclass journals in job cost when necessary.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with a bias for action to handle escalated vendor issues for Bookkeepers.
- Assist in monitoring key controls and metrics to improve processes.
- Complete and submit vendor Credit Applications as needed or requested.
- Print weekly checks, match to the supporting documents, and prepare distribution.
- Enter various ACH payments for the accounting team.
- Back-up to Accounts Payable Manager for Accounts Payable Aging weekly review prior to check run processing and Accounting email and mail routing.
- Deposit checks to bank as needed
- Back-up for Field Admin with time entry and any other tasks that can be handled remotely as requested by job site team.
- Handles special projects or other assignments as designated by the Accounts Payable Manager and Controller including annual audit support, internal and external.
Skills Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Educational and experience requirements include:
- AA degree or trade related education in accounting plus 5+ years of experience in a construction or manufacturing environment doing full charge accounts payable (an understanding of job costing is highly desirable).
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, SOX 404 controls, and basic accounting principles a must.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to multi-task and problem solve are essential.
- Strong team player, capable of working cross functionally with teams, fostering a positive work environment.
- Experience working with intercompany and/or a joint venture company.
- P-card, ExpenseWire, Concur, and PNC Active Pay experience a plus.
- Flexible and able to work in a diverse company.
- Excellent computer skills and standard office technology, including working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP), MS Word and Outlook.
- Experience working in ERP systems such as Viewpoint Vista.