Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
This position is entry level to safety in the construction field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct safety jobsite inspections to monitor compliance.
- Conduct follow-up inspection to ensure corrective action has taken place
- Conduct Construction project audits
- Promote and cultivate Kerr’s Safety culture
- Conduct incident investigations and complete associated reports
- Conduct safety meetings and Job Hazard Analyses
- Identify potential hazards and offer abatement assistance
- Conduct basic Safety training
- Track training and compliance records
- Representing the company in a professional manner
- Schedule trainings and equipment maintenance
- Data analysis
- 1-2 years experience in construction/excavation
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Understanding of OSHA and MSHA requirements
- Must have valid license
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Communicate in a professional manner and conduct presentations successfully at all levels of the organization
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 10 hour/30 hour OSHA certification preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.