Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Carpenter for projects in our Midwest Region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
The role of the Carpenter is to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard. Build rough and finish structures such as concrete forms and finish casework.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Read blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to the type of material required, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated or installed
- Responsible for layout and placement of building material as required by the specifications and work schedules including building wood stairs and roof carpentry
- Install wall backing and strapping (ex. steel stud framing)
- Build rough structures such as concrete forms
- Clean and maintain hand and power equipment on a daily basis
- Inspect work in progress to ensure conformity to the specifications and the construction schedules
- Comply and take responsibility to ensure all company safety requirements and policies are met
- Assure that workmanship is of the highest quality
- High school diploma or equivalent plus the completion of (or in the process of) an apprenticeship program or equivalent training
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve construction issues
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to set own goals and tasks
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team environment
- Able to see and recognize hazards, and follow verbal or hand signaled directions
- Progressive responsibilities in the areas of field knowledge preferred
Adolfson & Peterson is an Equal Opportunity Employer