COMPANY SUMMARY: A third generation family-owned business, Shapiro & Duncan has been serving customers in DC, Maryland and Virginia since 1976. The company is known for their award-winning company culture and complex commercial, government and institutional design-build projects that require first-rate performance, work quality and customer service. We specialize in full service mechanical solutions which include engineering, coordination, prefabrication assembly, construction, service and maintenance.
JOB SUMMARY: Install Plumbing and HVAC systems with an emphasis on quality, productivity, training, and teamwork. This position reports to the Leadman/Foreman/Superintendent on site.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial Plumbing.
- Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as needed. Must be able to be flexible with work schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (experience may be substituted for education)
- Reliable Transportation – go to sites in Metro DC as assigned/needed (including Maryland and Virginia)
- Must be able to read and understand drawings (to include fabrication) and specifications.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments effectively.
- Interface effectively, ethically and professionally with S&D team members, subcontractors
- Communicate effectively in English (aural, verbal, and written).
- PREFERRED: Active Medical Gas License
- Able to lift five to seventy pounds (5-70lbs), with or without assistance, frequently.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, climb, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
- Able to withstand exposure to heights, tight/confined spaces; work in dusty areas; work in temperature extremes; be expose to external elements (wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Possess strong desire, willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe accordingly.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, fixtures using hand or power tools.
- Direct helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipefittings, using hand or power tools.
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing.
- Complete all tasks in a timely matter.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
Click here to see a list of our company benefits: https://www.shapiroandduncan.com/careers-benefits/