Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Superintendent for projects in our Mountain States region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
Manage and control assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination while working in conjunction with the Project Manager to lead the project team. Project scopes are generally less than $75 million or for designated components on large, complex projects.
- Manage on-site construction activities
- Create site-specific safety plans. Monitor compliance and performance
- Understand all the plans, specifications, and details for the assigned project(s). Maintain a complete set of updated construction drawings
- Schedule and procure tools, equipment, and materials necessary for the project. Ensure all team members on the jobsite have been trained on the tools and processes necessary to perform their jobs
- Develop and maintain a mutually positive relationship with the owner and architect throughout the project; understand and communicate the owner’s goals regarding construction to all field team members
- Ensure project quality based on AP’s QA/QC Program
- Collaborate with other departments through the pre-construction and planning phases
- Participate in procuring future projects while helping build client loyalty
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field with 6 – 8 years of related experience
- Proficiency with construction management software such as Prolog, MS Project, Excel, AutoCad and project management software
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications, value engineering, and life cycle costing
- Proven results in driving safety initiatives and enforcement
- Ability to travel to project sites and availability to accept long-term out-of-town assignments
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. Ability to obtain a forklift certification and commercial driver’s license preferred
- Experience in complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer