McGough is a respected partner that brings five generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
LAST PLANNER SYSTEM SPECIALIST
The Last Planner System Specialist will have a joint responsibility of teaching the Last Planner System® (LPS®) and the McGough Integrated Production System to our project teams and working with the Operational Excellence Team Continuous Improvement efforts.
The purpose of the Operational Excellence Production System Specialist is to provide teaching support of our projects from Design Phase thru Close-out. The Specialist must be a humble servant leader that is able to help guide the execution of our work using lean principles while promoting built-in safety, built-in quality, supply chain management, schedule efficiency, cost efficiency and production efficiency.
- Can quickly gain understanding and link the business processes to the business strategy to ensure the creation of clear action plans.
- Uses insight of the business environment to improve business outcomes.
- Has a vast understanding of multiple types of construction, methods and materials.
- Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data, recognizing trends, and develop recommendations based on analysis.
- Able to promote Brand Values and Personalities in all aspects of planning and execution.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to others.
- Is a humble leader and is effective participating as a team member or as a team leader.
- Works towards the organizational best interest rather than personal interests.
- Navigates well across the matrix through individuals and processes both at a function level and across the business.
- Uses networks in strategic activities to achieve better business outcomes.
- Understands that the key role is to build strategic capabilities (people, processes and systems) broadly across the organization.
- Provides constructive feedback, regardless of organizational level.
- Able to drive participation of all project team members and to train teams in to be proactive rather than reactive.
- Consistently delivers against agreed plans, is responsive and realistic about time/resources to deliver.
- Anticipates and helps develop prevention plans for problems, often taking the lead to bring about change and grasping initiative within projects.
- Has the ability to persuade partners and other key stakeholders to drive results.
- Develops and evaluates solutions to problems and implements solutions.
- Applies systematic thinking to identify new solutions.
- Able to win impact and influence regardless of organization boundaries and relationships.
- Is personally credible.
- Maintains confidences.
- Clearly articulates messages and able to speak in front of large groups.
- Effectively listens, can express ideas in written format and verbal format.
- Manages conflicts and diffuses tensions across employees to resolve issues.
- Effectively drafts written communication.
- Has a basic understanding MS Office Suite of Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, OneNote), CMiC, Bluebeam Revu and Studio.
- Construction Management, Systems Engineer or related Degree
- Has 5 years’ experience in the Construction Industry or a Related Industry
- Was a Project Team Leader or Project Team Member that successfully implemented LPS
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement
Office and Travel:
Travel to Local, Regional and National offices and jobsites is necessary, overnight travel may be required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead and support the analysis, development, and deployment of Last Planner System on Projects.
- Serve as an emerging LPS subject matter expert and help develop employees on LPS Standard Work, Tools and Techniques with a goal of developing project team’s LPS competency.
- Facilitate pull plan sessions, and weekly coordination meetings; with emphasis on forward thinking, flow of work, and pull based methodology.
- Assist project teams with problem solving by utilizing Daily Improvement to enable frontline problem-solving.
- Develop, Coordinate and Deliver LPS boot camps, and training to help educate leaders and contributors.
- Help integrate Lean principles and practices into existing and new processes used across the company aimed to improve business performance.
- Identify and Develop individuals to be LPS Champions to drive broader engagement in the organization.
- Provide mentoring and teaching of LPS standards, to aide On-Boarding of teams.
- Applies Lean methodologies and change management knowledge and engagement strategies to ensure initiatives embed and grow.
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.