WHO WE ARE
- A leading full-service building automation provider for the past 40 years
- Growing organization known for excellence in product quality and customer experience
- A promoter of growth and opportunity for the people in our organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Life Insurance
- Smart 529 Education
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- PTO/Paid Holidays
- OT Available
- Donation Matching
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Fuel Expenses
- Unlimited Training Opportunities
WHAT TO EXPECT
Primary Duties: A Controls Technician performs various duties based upon their knowledge and experience. The following is a list of most of the duties that may be asked of a Controls Technician. This list is not all-inclusive nor is it required by each Controls Technician:
- Keep updated on a project's schedule by regular job site visits and communication with the electrical subcontractor.
- Provide direction and answer field questions for our installing electrical subcontractors.
- Monitor electrical installation to ensure work is installed properly, per code and on schedule.
- Gather and deliver material to a job site in a timely manner.
- Arrange to have programming and graphics done by ALC or create the programs and graphics.
- Startup, checkout and commission projects. This includes point to point checkout during startup and verification that control programs and graphics operate as designed.
- During the warranty period assist with any service calls related to the project.
- Respond to customer questions and service needs.
- Perform routine service inspections including point to point verification of building automation systems.
- Assist customers requesting service with remote assistance, troubleshooting, and on-site visits.
- Lead small add-on projects directed by a Project Manager.
- Coordinate schedules with Project Managers to ensure customer service requests are completed for customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Plan and create a professional development plan in accordance with the Automatic Controls Skills Matrix. Increase proficiency to meet customer needs throughout your career.
- Provide mentorship for other Controls Technicians to increase the skill set competencies of Automatic Controls to meet the needs of all customers.
- Correct manual drawings for documentation department to update customer manuals of equipment.
- Be available for on-call rotation.
WHO WE WANT TO HIRE
- Problem solvers
- People who have smarts
- Great communicators
- Team players
- People who want continued growth and development
- Quick adapters to change
Skills or Abilities required for this Position:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
Technical Skills required for this Position: Advanced computer and networking skills, and a working knowledge of the following programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, WebCTRL, EquipmentBuilder, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, Visio, Windows 7, Paintshop Pro, LogMeIn, and Remote Administrator / Desktop.
Experience required for this Position: Knowledgeable of HVAC systems, electrical wiring diagrams, and networking.
Training or Education required for this Position: High School Diploma with a 3.0 or higher GPA; Mechanical or Electrical Degree is beneficial; 5 years of HVAC experience.