Description: The Project Manager holds overall management responsibility for all aspects of fire protection construction projects from conception through systems functioning as intended. He/she will oversee or conduct scheduling, planning, actual construction, expediting, inspection, quality control, and total delivery of the project according to established criteria. He/she is responsible for tracking, forecasting, and communicating all costs, profits, and financial measures of the project. Through coordination with the site superintendent, the PM will organize and manage all the elements involved in construction - labor, temporary and permanent materials, equipment, supplies, utilities, and time.
- Conduct long range project planning and scheduling
- Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
- Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
- Ensure proper staffing on each project to produce maximum productivity
- Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements
- Make sure change orders/change estimates are completed in timely manner
- Monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
- Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
- Review drawings and assist/lead during field check stage of the project
- Forecast future manpower requirements
- Oversee work of subcontractors
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Administer construction contracts, approve work quality and payment requests
- Report to owner and general contractor about progress and any necessary modifications required
- Maintain historical records of all functions for future use
- Recommend improvements in project management procedures and overall company business practices
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers
- May also conduct estimating and design functions
- Own each project as their own from start to finish
- Construction Management/Engineering/Business degree preferred
- Specific trade experience to the fire protection industry preferred
- High Level of self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 80 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
Community Involvement & Industry Memberships
Delta Fire Systems, Inc. is proud to actively service in our local communities. In addition to actively participating in volunteer causes and charitable fundraising, we also participate in trade and industry organizations and committees. Some of those organizations include:
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA)
- Idaho Fire Protection Forum (IFPF)
- Institute Of Real Estate Management (IREM), Chapter 89
- Fire Prevention Association Of Nevada (FPAN)
- National Association Of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- National Institute For Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- Northern Nevada Automatic Fire Alarm Association (NNAFAA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Utah Safety Council (USC)
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.