Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident
This position is responsible for building and maintaining a partnership with families that encourages the growth, safety, and well-being of the entire family. The Family Support Worker/Home Visitor embodies a strength-based approach through which the parent can enhance their roles as the child’s primary teacher, and the family can achieve the skills and resources to attain and maintain self-sufficiency.
WAGE AND SCHEDULE
$14.52-$17.04/hour ; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM; FD/FY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance, program records, and documentation required for HACAP programs, child-care licensing regulations, CACFP, Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act and funding requirements.
- Assist and follow site procedures for maintenance of a safe, positive and nurturing physical and emotional environment in the center and classroom.
- Provide home-based services to families in assigned caseload, following the Head Start Program Performance Standards and the agency’s EHS home visit procedures.
- Conduct home visits at a time convenient to families in assigned caseload. This will include daytime and evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
- Assist team on planning and implement two monthly socialization meetings.
- Act as an advocate for enrolled families.
- Partner with teachers to meet Educator and Parent Involvement compliances for each enrolled family.
- Provide additional assistance to families in obtaining child health services, quality child care, and other services essential to executing their individual case plans.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Support team members with enrollment and recruitment.
- Work as a team member on projects and goals as needed.
- Provides child ratio coverage in the classroom on an emergency basis to meet state licensing and/or federal compliance regulations.
- Participate in program assessments.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree in social work, human services, family services or counseling, Early Childhood Education
Bachelor degree in a related field with credential or certification in social work and one (1) year experience working with young children and families
Bachelor Degree in related field with eighteen (18) credit hours of coursework in Early
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age-appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and grasp; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally use the repetitive wrist, hand, and finger movements to operate a computer keyboard. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, twist, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally climb stairs or steps. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must be able to work/play with children on their level, specifically on the floor level. The employee must regularly lift, move, push, or pull up to 10 pounds; frequently lift, move, push, or pull up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift, move, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the homes of clients and may be exposed to a variety of home management environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Workers will have a docking station at a HACAP service site.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Receive clearance thru National FBI fingerprint checks. Fingerprints must be submitted for national check prior to hire or start date at the center. Resubmit every four (4) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.
- Provide TB screening clearance upon hire and every two (2) years thereafter.
- Complete Bloodborne Pathogen (Universal Precautions) within ten (10) days of employment and update annually.
- Complete Child Abuse Mandatory Reporting Training within three (3) months of employment and update every two (2) years.
- Obtain first aid training within three (3) months of employment and update every two (2) years.
- Obtain CPR training within three (3) months of employment and update every two (2) years.
- Complete CCDBG Essentials training within ninety (90) days of employment and update every five (5) years.
- Attend a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of in-service training annually.
- Training activities must be accomplished within work hours scheduled or training hours approved by HACAP.
- Reliable transportation for use on the job.
- Valid driver’s license and valid car insurance.
- Obtain Family Development Certification taking into consideration the frequency and availability of training being offered.
- Paid time and mileage calculated from the nearest HACAP service site to the population cluster to be served by the employee or from the employee’s residence whichever is nearer.
- Maintain and keep current credentials for position requirements.