About the role
The Proposal Manager is responsible for the overall development and management of proposal submissions and qualifications responses for the various divisions of Balfour Beatty Investments in the U.S. corporate headquarters and possesses skills to develop content in pursuit of new business. The Proposal Manager also participates in other marketing and business development activities.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the preparation of all solicitation response content and conformance to document requirements including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Lead and participate in Key Issues Analysis (KIA), Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats analysis (SWOT)
- Identify firm’s differentiators, establish win strategies, and develop proposal themes.
- Develop and execute submission preparation schedule and assignments; coordinate and attend meetings related to assigned project
- Analyze submission for consistency and clarity, compliance with submission requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes
- Lead review sessions with a critical focus on probability of winning/advancing to next proposal stage
- Format submission documents in Adobe InDesign CC and Microsoft Word, edit images for submissions and presentations with Adobe Photoshop CC and ensure high-quality content, compliance, and appearance of submission documents and materials
- Produce, assemble, and ship solicitation responses and ensure the on-time delivery of submission documents
- Identify presentation/interview requirements and coordinate the production of graphic materials including electronic presentation, typically in Microsoft PowerPoint, display boards, “placemats” and other leave behinds
- Participate in rehearsal meetings as needed, provide constructive feedback, and adjust graphic materials accordingly
- Continuously update and maintain files of frequently used material for upcoming projects including project profiles and resumes of key personnel as new information becomes available
- Coordinate application, registration and sponsorship of targeted industry events meeting “early bird” deadlines as much as possible
- Procure appropriate display materials including exhibit, brochures, promotional items, furnishings, electricity, material handling and on site supplies
- Coordinate the inbound and outbound shipping of materials adhering to meeting regulations and deadlines
- Travel to event and install, participate in and dismantle exhibit as needed – or provide guidance to exhibitors
- Promote event to potential customers as needed and assist in follow up contact as needed
- On an as needed basis, participate and coordinate in special events including meetings and ceremonies. Develop marketing materials to support event including name badges, presentations, programs, ceremonial equipment, etc.
- Develop other marketing materials such as brochures, ads, project profiles, etc. as needed
- Update CRM database as needed
- Utilize CRM database to generate Executive reports
- Monitor CRM database for accuracy
- Assist with website/Intranet uploads, edits, and content development
- Format other documents upon request (presentations, reports, etc.)
- Prepare award submissions
- Coordinate with other marketing team to coordinate project photography, press releases, etc.
Who we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Suite products (primarily InDesign)
- Excellent presentation and inter personal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Graphic design and page layout proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Highly organized
- Deadline driven
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects and excel under tight deadlines
- Experience working on public-private partnership (P3) procurements is helpful.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) accreditation is helpful, but not required
- Adobe Creative Suite product updates and continuing education
- Professional Development organizations such as Society for Professional Services Marketing (SMPS) and The Association of Record for Bid, Proposal, Business Development, Capture, and Graphics Professionals (APMP) and appropriate certification
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.