The Business Analyst I translates detailed business needs into application software requirements. The primary focus is gathering and documenting business requirements, as well as writing technical requirements. Business Analysts acts as a liaison with users of the software to address questions/issues. They determine specific business application software requirements to address business needs and work with programming staff to ensure requirements are incorporated into system design and testing.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
• Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
• Deliver the following as needed:
o Eliciting and writing software requirements.
o Requirements organization.
o Translating and simplifying requirements for technical and non-technical staff.
o Requirements management and communication.
o Requirements analysis
• Assist in developing test scripts, use cases and testing.
• System and user documentation.
• Assist in development of design documents
• Adhere to Service Delivery Life Cycle processes
• Template and/or business process development, as needed
• Management of multiple initiatives and projects
• Reviewing material and assisting with sales presentations
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent experience
• Experience with Microsoft Suite
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with business analysis that includes writing business requirements
• Reference manual content in compliance with the life cycle methodology
• Experience in the development of application specifications and flowcharts