Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 70 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
NES is offering the opportunity for individuals interested in seeking employment in the asbestos abatement industry to become ADEQ certified abatement workers. Upon passing of the prescreen interview, drug test, physical, and background check. NES will offer the required 4-day Initial Asbestos Abatement Worker course to qualified selected candidates, who will then, upon attending and passing the course, be considered a certified asbestos abatement worker. The Asbestos Worker is responsible for completing asbestos abatement (and other) projects under direct supervision and within the guidelines of Nabholz and all applicable State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations.
- Requires work inside the containment area; the candidate is expected to measurably contribute to the abatement process in a safe and efficient manner.
- Become familiar with the use of equipment needed for any hands-on aspects of any of those projects assigned.
- Collection, assembly, and delivery to the job site of any equipment required to complete the hands-on aspects of any of the projects.
- Return of all equipment to the designated storage area and the maintenance/repair of any equipment in need of such, making it serviceable for the next project.
- Safety sensitive position.
- All other Duties as assigned.
- As a member of the NES Team, at all times represents NES and Nabholz to clients, potential clients, and the general public, you will be expected to present yourself well to prospective clients and to provide exceptional customer service that will build client loyalty to Nabholz and NES.
- Candidate must be ready, willing, and able to be trained in asbestos abatement and cross-trained in methamphetamine/mold/lead remediation, demolition, and light carpentry.
- Must be medically able and respirator fit tested.
- Upon being hired, the Asbestos Worker must comply with NES’ Health Monitoring Program which includes but is not limited to Baseline Evaluations, Pulmonary Function Tests, X-rays, blood test, OSHA’s 29 CFR Part 1910 Medical Questionnaires, and periodic evaluations. Undergo initial evaluations within 60 days of hire date.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand, or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently, 50 pounds often, and up to 100 occasionally.
- Ability to work in heat or cold, outside, and/or high elevations.
- Asbestos workers perform physically demanding work.
- Asbestos Workers sometimes work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing (Personal Protection Equipment i.e. PPE).
- While working in environmental services or construction, all persons must be especially safety conscious at all times and follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
- Due to the nature of the business, work-sites may be out of town and require overnight stays.
- Occasionally the work schedule requires weekend or after hour assignments.
- Asbestos Workers will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which includes but not limited to: Tyvek suit, respirator, gloves, safety glasses, hard hart, hearing protection, high visibility clothing and safety footwear and safety harnesses.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.