McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work, this shared respect between employer and employee validates the multiple year honors by two prestigious Minnesota publications; Star Tribune and Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal of Top Workplace and Best Place to Work.
We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing who will bring a fresh perspective leading the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs in support of our overall strategic objectives for McGough. The Director is a hands-on leader, providing individual work product, marketing team oversight, and cross-functional influence and leadership.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a marketing- or communications-related role, including 4+ years of experience managing people
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing teams
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to lead meetings, build collegial rapport, and influence cross-functional participants toward a common goal, including participants over which this position has no direct authority
- Adept at asking the “right questions” of team members to drive the development of impactful and succinct messages
- Able to work independently with limited supervision, yet able to exercise good judgment in seeking leadership guidance when appropriate
- Experience in launching and managing comprehensive marketing programs
- Experience working in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator is not required, but is a plus
- Established relationships within the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry are a plus, but not a requirement
What You Will Do:
- Lead the marketing team and cross-functional teams in the development and execution of new regional office and market sector launches.
- Lead a talented marketing team whose core roles include:
- Creating project proposals and presentations to support the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Developing, refining, and enforcing company standard processes and best practices around the active pursuit of opportunities immediately prior to and after RFP issuance.
- Developing and managing brand identity collateral (e.g., company store offerings, site and other signage, tradeshow booths, giveaways, etc) and related projects.
- Leading proactive marketing strategy, support and coordination for company participation in trade show and other events.
- Writing copy and contributing to creative concepts for various deliverables (e.g., proposals, presentations, brochures, company website, sales materials, ads, award submissions, etc), partnering with internal experts to better understand and help communicate key ideas and points of differentiation to our audiences.
- Guide the strategy, prioritization and coordination of marketing department activities, managing the departmental budget, and many concurrent critical deadlines.
- Lead the development of both proactive and responsive marketing campaigns and ads consistent with the company’s brand strategy.
- Lead the company’s social media strategy in support of marketing, brand and recruiting.
- Provide quality control on departmental deliverables.
- Provide a high level of customer service to and develop respected relationships with both internal and external customers / partners.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for the Marketing team.
Information about a few of our exciting projects:
New Company Headquarters - http://www.earthcam.net/projects/mcgough/headquarters/
Block 9 in Downtown Fargo - https://www.kvrr.com/2019/06/13/block-9-site-workers-make-strides-on-downtown-fargo-development/
Vision Northland Project in Duluth - http://www.businessnorth.com/daily_briefing/essentia-announces-project-labor-agreement-for-million-transformation/article_af042448-75a2-11e9-acb5-e35955a14a52.html
Office and Travel:
The Director of Marketing will be required to travel occasionally in support of regional office programs and national rollouts.
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.