At Henning Companies, we provide solutions to positively impact our customers, our employees, and our communities. As a general contractor, construction manager, and design-builder, we provide our customers with an entire range of construction services that address their unique situations. Since 1924, we have made exceeding expectations our priority and are committed to quality construction and service far above the industry standard. We bring a proactive approach to every project, with the ability to match specific areas of expertise to your specific project requirements. Every day we challenge ourselves to improve upon our demonstrated history of success. At Henning, we believe that building strong relationships provides the foundation for exceptional buildings.
This role involves a mixed office and field environment and is as much business leader as it is HR professional, ensuring that internal customers in the field believe they have a strong HR partner who truly understands their day-to-day job demands. This position demands a “roll up your sleeves,” continuous improvement spirit with an entrepreneurial understanding that represents the shareholder, leadership/management of the company.
The preferred candidate will come from an agricultural or construction/manufacturing/operations background, with experience in a moderate to fast growth company that strives to meet their mission and vision, yet embraces change and remains opportunistic.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The #1 Priority of this role is TASAA: Talent Attraction, Selection, Acquisition & Acceleration (represents 35% of role)
- Implementing Performed-Based Interview Processes
- Institutionalizing Onboardings & Stay Interview Processes
- Driving Performance Management incorporated with Learning, Training & Development platforms where the industry’s Top Talent Works! (represents 35% of role)
- Labor Law Compliance (represents 10% of role)
- Risk Management (represents 10% of role)
- HR Technical Elements (represents 10% of role)
HR Technical Elements:
- Benefits: coordinates with Payroll and Benefits Manager on health and welfare plan design and implementation.
- Oversees and administers the performance review process in performance management system.
- Creates and maintains job descriptions.
- Maintains and reports HR metrics on a monthly basis.
- Assists with the pre-employment process including assisting with recruitment and interviews.
- Conducts annual compensation surveys.
- Prepares salary adjustments summary for all employees for review by executive management.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Provides compliance oversight: FLSA, EEO, Vets, AAP forms and reporting
- Conducts benefit audits or other HR program audits and recommends corrective action or other solutions.
- Assists with processing of terminations. Conducts exit interviews.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as necessary.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen (Construction/Ag/Operations/Manufacturing) Driving Mission & Vision-is proven at positively impacting the business, acting and following up should be their day to day sweet spot.
- Effective at Written & Verbal Communication with an emphasis on Informing (see priority # 1), Building Effective Teams, Hiring
- Staffing Training & Development
Must be a proven HR Leader in:
- Risk management
- Labor law compliance
- Employee training & development
- Conflict resolution
- Policy development
- Vendor management
- HR Score Card development
- HRIS experience in managing system platforms while identifying ROI technical opportunities for a growing company.
Team approach with Payroll and Benefits Manager on various HR administrative issues.
This job operates in an environment that includes both a professional office and field sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and carry small items.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., although hours may vary from time to time in order to support the needs of project teams.
Travel by car is expected on average 2 – 4 times per month for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of combined experience in Human Resources Management or similar roles.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state labor laws, use of Human Resources, time accounting/payroll, ERP and applicant tracking software.
- Technical competence with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or closely related field is strongly preferred.
- Certification through either HRCI (PHR, SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) is strongly preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None identified for this position.
Henning is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits: We offer a competitive package for Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and 401(k)