McGough is a respected partner that brings five generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
Operational Excellence Deployment Leader
The primary role of an Operational Excellence Deployment Leader is to serve in a rotational or permanent capacity on the Operational Excellence Team with a joint focus of helping lead McGough’s Lean transformation, to develop Lean technical and leadership skills, to develop lean competencies throughout the organization and to develop Lean capabilities of McGough’s strategic partners.
- Business Acumen: Speaks and understands the language of the business and the strategic imperatives of the business. Can quickly gain understanding and link the business processes to the business strategy to ensure the creation of clear action plans. Uses insight of the business environment to improve business outcomes.
- Intelligence / Analytical Skills: Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data, recognizing trends, and develop recommendations based on analysis.
- Brand Ambassador: Able to promote Brand Values and Personalities in all aspects of planning and execution. Serves as a role model and mentor to others.
- Team Skills: Is a humble leader and is effective participating as a team member or as a team leader. Works towards the organizational best interest rather than personal interests. Navigates well across the matrix through individuals and processes both at a function level and across the business. Uses networks in strategic activities to achieve better business outcomes.
- Developer of Talent: Understands that key role is to build strategic capabilities (people, processes and systems) broadly across the organization. Provides constructive feedback, regardless of organizational level. Applies Lean methodologies and change management knowledge and engagement strategies to ensure initiatives embed and grow.
- Reputation for Delivery: Consistently delivers against agreed plans, is responsive and realistic about time/resources to deliver. Anticipates and prevents future problems, often taking the lead to bring about change and grasping initiative within projects. Has the ability to persuade partners and other key stakeholders to drive results. Develops and evaluates solutions to problems and implements solutions. Applies systematic thinking to identify new solutions. Able to win impact and influence regardless of organization boundaries and relationships. Is personally credible. Maintains confidences.
- Communication Skills: Clearly articulates messages. Effectively listens, can express ideas in written format and verbal format. Manages conflicts and diffuses tensions across employees to resolve issues. Effectively drafts written communication.
- Technology Requirements: Skilled with MS Office Suite of Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sway, OneNote, Bluebeam Revu and Studio)
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering Discipline or Lean Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
Office and Travel:
Office: Primary location is McGough Corporate Headquarters Building
Travel: Local, Regional and National offices and jobsites may be necessary, overnight travel will be required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Serve as a member of the Operational Excellence team taking direction from the Director of Operational Excellence and collaborating with other team members to meet the annual goals of the team.
- Lead and support the analysis, development, and deployment of value streams and Lean solutions in support of the company’s Lean transformation strategy.
- Working with the Operational Excellence team and McGough’s operational leaders, to help develop and deploy McGough’s Integrated Production Management System.
- Deliver topic-focused Lean training to help educate employees and partner organizations.
- Help integrate Lean principles and practices into existing and new processes used across the company aimed to improve business performance and customer satisfaction.
- Drive all associated transformation efforts with business and functional partners that improve True North Metrics.
- Lead and support the analysis, development, and deployment of Last Planner® System (LPS) on Projects.
- Serve as an LPS subject matter expert and develop employees on McGough’s LPS Standard Work, Tools and Techniques with a goal of developing project teams to be self-sufficient.
- Coach and facilitate pull plan sessions, and weekly coordination meetings; with emphasis on forward thinking, flow of work, and pull based methodology.
- Assist project teams with problem solving by utilizing Daily Improvement to enable frontline problem-solving.
- Help integrate Lean principles and practices into existing and new processes used across the company aimed to improve business performance.
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.