MMC is looking for a full-time Assistant Controller to join our team! The Assistant Controller drives continuous improvement in processes that results in timely, accurate, and efficient compliance as well as a strong emphasis on financial analysis and budgeting.
- Own general ledger, entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Lead, motivate, and set direction for the team
- Accounts receivable – drive results and improvement in over 120 days and DSO
- Tax and audit compliance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of construction processes including: accounting for construction contracts and revenue recognition, certified payrolls, lien releases, insurance certificates, pay applications, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior level accounting role with responsibility for managing and leading a team
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong analytical problem solver
- Demonstrable desire and a demonstrated drive for continuous improvement
- Strategic thinker
- Superb communication skills and comfortable working with all levels with the organization to inspire teamwork, encourage an environment of professionalism, and promote open communication
- General ledger, debits, credits, account reconciliation responsibility
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grillouts to local happy hours