Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is seeking a Payroll/Benefits Specialist to join our growing team! Are you looking for a company where you can grow your payroll and benefits career? Do you enjoy working with Excel to analyze and report detailed information? Are you a customer-focused individual who enjoys helping your teammates? If this describes you then MMC has a great opening for you!
- Weekly payroll processing
- Benefits and human resource administration
- Payroll compliance reporting
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting or other relevant field
- 3-5 years Payroll experience with union and construction payroll experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting critical payroll deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to remain highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Experience dealing directly with employees to provide excellent customer service with payroll and benefits questions
- Willingness to take on ad hoc assignments
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently yet know when to ask for help
- Process expense report payments
- Review payroll GL accounts to reconcile variances
- Process, review, and approve W-2s
- Annual (generally) input new wage rates and fringe benefit rates for each union
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grillouts to local happy hours