Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc. was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Office Administrator supports the Branch operations by maintaining office systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers phones, ensuring that accurate information is given to the caller and calls are transferred to the appropriate individuals.
- Contacts customers for invoice acknowledgement and payment status.
- Maintains tracking logs for vehicle maintenance, cell phones and GPS.
- May assist in obtaining information needed for jobs such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, and certified payroll information.
- Assists the branch in administrative tasks such as ordering and coordinating insurance certificates and licenses; completing pre-qualification and qualification forms and scanning documents to the online document storage systems.
- Acts as liaison between other offices
- Other duties and special projects as assigned as needed
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet and Adobe
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of one year in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None required for this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran