Under the leadership of the Business & Community Partnerships Manager, the Business Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and executing strategies to sustain and grow revenue-generating partnerships between DART and the Greater Des Moines business community. The position will collaborate with external stakeholders and within the External Affairs Team to grow ridership and increase awareness of DART with existing and potential business partners through communication, outreach and engagement initiatives. The position will work with the Business & Community Partnerships Manager to identify and cultivate new business development opportunities while ensuring existing partnerships are meeting defined objectives. The Business Partnerships Coordinator will strive to position DART as a resource for current and prospective business partners to address workforce needs while promoting the role and impact of public transportation on the Greater Des Moines economy and community at large.
Essential Functions of this Position:
- Develop and implement customized plans to serve and engage a portfolio of DART business partnerships.
- Coordinate with external partners to execute and support on-site promotions and partner engagement events.
- Collaborate with DART Marketing & Communications Team to support partner engagement plans and marketing campaigns to promote ridership and awareness of DART among business and community partners.
- Research and identify prospective business partnerships that align with DART services and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with supervisor to prepare and deliver presentations on DART programs and services.
- Create and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders such as local partner agencies, business associations, employers and relevant community groups.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Operations Teams to facilitate business partner access to DART services.
- Ensure proper records and procedures are maintained within DART’s customer relationships management system to efficiently track partnership engagement and renewal cycles while complying with standard business practices and DART records retention policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration or related field;
- At least three (3) years of experience in Business Development, Sales, Fundraising, Community Relations or related field. Experience in public transportation welcomed but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- The Greater Des Moines region, business community, and landmarks within the DART service area.
- Customer service principles and practices that support effective stewardship of organizational partners.
- Communication and marketing principles and practices that support partnership engagement strategies.
- Personal computers and current office software programs for word processing, presentations, email, spreadsheets and databases at the advanced level of proficiency, as well as working knowledge of social media applications.
Skill or Ability to:
- Think and act strategically while demonstrating responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Balance multiple work projects with agility while navigating between tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Provide information intended to inform, explain and answer specific questions from employees and others outside the organization related to DART programs, services and policies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Project a courteous, patient, helpful and positive attitude when dealing with customers.
- Speak the English language clearly, concisely and coherently using normal word order, and hear normal verbal conversation with or without corrective devices, in order to provide accurate, timely and courteous schedule and general information to the public.