Fire Service Inspector/Low Voltage Technician (Entry-Level)
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspections of fire alarm equipment/fire sprinkler systems/backflows as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. This candidate should be detail oriented and have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as direct customer relations.
- Tests and inspects all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of systems
- Proper testing and inspections for Life Safety Systems (Elights, Fire Alarms, Fire Sprinklers, Extinguishers, Kitchen Hoods, FM200 Systems, Backflow Devices)
- Pulling wire
- Terminating devices
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- This is an Entry Level Position with no experience needed. Some jobs will be in a construction environment.
- NICET I Certification within 2 years
- NICET II Certification within 2 years after NICET I is achieved
- Electrical background is preferred
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and reference, background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor