Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short-Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident
Work with the Food Reservoir Director to develop and implement an ongoing balanced development strategy to stabilize and expand the Food Reservoir’s funding base and move the organization effectively towards its mission. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising activities that forge and maintain relationships to build upon the Food Reservoir’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; $24.69
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and execute strategies that systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of all Food Reservoir development activities following best practices, regulatory guidelines, and Feeding America standards.
- Oversee planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and gifts and preparing related printed materials and publications.
- Oversee the design and implementation of direct mail programs.
- Ensure evaluation of development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials and maintain public trust.
- Ensure adequate research on potential sources of funding, including both public and private sources.
- Along with staff, write and produce materials for fund development efforts, including direct mail appeals, newsletters, and annual reports.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with potential sources of funding.
- Maintain program database for tracking of all monetary donations.
- Ensure appropriate recognition of all donations, grants, and development volunteers.
- Expand and diversify the organization's donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual fundraising statistics and develop reports for staff, Board and stakeholders.
- Participate in community events, meetings, and conferences to promote HACAP goals or to solicit donation or sponsorships.
- Support and align the culture of philanthropy in HACAP Food Reservoir fundraising.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field or equivalent amount of education and experience combined
Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the HACAP Food Reservoir Service Area (Linn, Benton, Jones, Johnson, Iowa, Washington, and Cedar Counties).
- Superior ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with donors.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of development principles, fundraising techniques, and ethics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance