ASDCO Construction Supply serves the Midwest through locations in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin, delivering a wide range of high quality and innovative products to contractors across multiple markets of the construction industry. With focus on personal and trustworthy service, the ASDCO team has the product and industry knowledge that adds value for customers and supports simple or complex project needs. ASDCO is committed to understanding customer requirements and delivering the highest level of personalized customer service that creates lasting relationships.
ASDCO is looking for a team-oriented, detailed and collaborative Branch Supervisor to manage the day-to-day operations for the warehouse, city desk sales, inventory control and delivery schedules in the Watford City, ND branch for the local construction and industrial markets. This role will hire, coach and manage operations staff, run and review inventory reports and investigate any discrepancies, and approve and process product credits. Responsible for ensuring all orders are billed correctly and in a timely manner, addressing complaints and revolving problems in accordance with defined company policy and practices. The ideal candidate will help grow market share through relationship-based customer contacts in the local construction and industrial markets.
Education / Experience:
- Two years’ experience in warehouse or logistics operations; experience in a leadership role with management responsibilities preferred.
- Construction product knowledge and sales experience preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with various personalities.
- Ability to provide clear directions to employees.
- Microsoft Office software proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook) and typing skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record, with ability to travel
Certification, License, Registration:
- Obtain and maintain Fork Lift Certification (Provided by ASDCO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify customer requirements and establish business relationships with customers.
- Manage warehouse operations and team, including material management and delivery.
- Plan, assign and direct work; manage and schedule staff, provide coaching and discipline as needed.
- Field incoming calls, process orders, work with City Desk walk-in traffic.
- Track upcoming projects and provide competitive quotations as required.
- Address customer complaints and solve problems at the branch level.
- Assist with oversight of branch billing and collection; approve and process credit memos.
- Assist in developing business strategies to drive sales and increase business efficiency.
- Manage inventory control of materials purchased by running reports to investigate discrepancies; maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Develop positive working relationships with other Branch Managers and operations staff; contribute to team effort by accomplishing responsibilities with a team first attitude.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Promote ASDCO’s mission, Vision, Values, and Employee Operating code.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accurate, attentive to detail and well organized, with good negotiation and planning skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and function in a fast-paced setting with multiple requests and deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; communicate effectively with internal/external customers
- Can collaborate and work in a team setting; has initiative, self-discipline and good judgment
Branch office and warehouse staff.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience