McGough is a respected partner that brings six generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
This position is responsible for translating business facility requirements into optimal space and asset utilization practices. The Facility Manager will have direct responsibility for facility, project and operations management for a portfolio commercial office and/or industrial properties in the twin cities.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 5 years minimum experience in commercial real estate facility or project management
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient understanding of real estate terms and lease agreements
- Experience in space planning
- Excellent managerial, supervisory and project management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to assure that all stakeholders are appropriately consulted to drive projects to a successful, timely, and cost-effective conclusion
- Strong computer and systems knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient understanding of building systems: HVAC, plumbing, electrical and automation systems
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in construction/facility management, real estate, business administration or related field
- Valid Minnesota Real Estate License
- CPM, CFM or FMA professional designation or candidacy preferred
Office and Travel:
Daily travel between managed properties is necessary
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Direct and manage real estate services, overseeing lease administration of critical dates, project management of moves or improvement projects
- Develop and manage the operating budgets, finding cost savings initiatives within facility management
- Manage the development of facility space needs, programming and budgets to support business strategies
- Visually inspects the interior and exterior of the properties weekly or as needed to detect needed repairs and monitors routine maintenance in order to maintain the highest quality facilities
- Manages property to client's expectations with regular and on-going dialogue on all financial and building operation related activities
- Reviews, codes and approves weekly vendor invoices, ensuring expenses are in line with budget for weekly disbursements
- Manages the performance of contractors working on the property daily in order to ensure adherence to work orders and the budgets
- Adheres to the McGough Facility Management, LLC standards and participates in necessary standards training
- Prepares annual operating budget for each facility according to client's format and business strategies
- Contracts for services such as security, maintenance, grounds keeping and other duties
- Manages daily meetings with architects, construction project manager to oversee space build-outs / improvements in order to maintain a high quality of construction and to ensure compliance with construction drawings
- Supervises the work of employees and subcontractors working beneath them
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts.
Occasionally, employee will be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.