Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Office Manager is responsible for directly performing and/or supervising all office functions including office reception responsibilities, secretarial duties, accounting functions, payroll and general administrative support of the office and staff. The Office Manager works extensively with customers, subcontractors/vendors and office personnel. The Office Manager position requires someone that presents a professional image, is extremely detail orientated and has good written and verbal communication skills with construction knowledge. The Office Manager reports directly to the Branch/Area Manager of the company.
- Supervise, direct and monitor the performance of Admin Assistant and/or other clerical employees
- Responsible for office reception functions including greeting customers, vendors, and associates
- Conduct payroll and hour tracking functions as required
- Conduct billing, receivable, and payable functions as required
- Provide general administrative support for managers and staff
- Process mail receipt and distribution activities and respond to routine correspondence
- Create, type, and distribute internal and external correspondence
- Coordinate office schedules, meetings, conferences, and appointments
- Order office supplies and assist in upkeep of office equipment
- Organize and schedule social occasions for the office
- Maintain various types of records
- Job Cost Month End
- Job Close - Review Customer Statement of Account, Adjusted Job Budget report and closing documents with Project Managers and the Area Manager.
- Request and monitor new employee job advertisements
- Prepare information for payroll, new employee set up, and filings.
- Assist in completing special reporting and licensing requirements
- Assist in compiling contracts, proposals, and job packets
- Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested
- Complete special projects as required
- Accomplish responsibilities as required using business software as approved by WSFP
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications
- understanding of commonly used materials in construction
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with fanatical attention to detail
- Proficiency in various computer programs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Self motivated, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering the phones, or dealing with other associates
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor