The Human Resources & Accounting Generalist regularly communicates with others and works in an office environment. The qualified candidate must be organized, efficient and detail-oriented and able to, among other duties assigned from time to time:
- Support and/or complete any or all of the following:
- timely administration of payroll processing in compliance with federal and state regulations and all related reporting; maintain employee files; manage and track paid sick leave, Washington Paid Family Leave, FMLA, and other regulations, as required
- assist with recruiting, onboarding and new hire procedures; benefits administration and management; compliance with EEO/AAP obligations
- process accounts payable invoices; accurate data entry into accounting system; prepare and mail invoices; post account transactions, reconcile statements; resolve account discrepancies
- Answer and transfer phone calls
- Assist with planning company events such as employee appreciation events, company picnics, holiday parties, among others
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate is a team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills with a variety of individuals and groups, clients, subcontractors, individual employees, jobsite teams, and company executives. The qualified candidate has the ability organize and evaluate information and proactively find solutions individually and in a group.
- Two (2) years experience working in general accounting
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting skills required
- Current Payroll and Accounts Payable/Receivable experience preferred
- Understanding of prevailing wage laws (state and federal) preferred
- Strong organizational, data entry accuracy and problem-resolution abilities
- High level of tact, confidentiality and collaborative skills
- Confident multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with ERM System, Spectrum ® preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Excel and ten-key
- Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and uses a computer.
The culture of Garco is second to none, and our employees are the heartbeat of our organization. To have the best employees in the industry, we offer some of the best benefits when you join the team at Garco:
Garco is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please email email@example.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.