Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
We are currently searching for an experienced Intern to join our team of talented employees for the Summer of 2020!
- Preferred Majors: Engineering, Construction Management, Industrial Technology, Occupational Safety and Health, and other related majors
- Applicant must possess good computer skills (Excel, Project, AutoCAD)
- Assist Project Manager, Superintendent, and Foreman with evaluating potential safety issues, process improvements, layout, measuring quantities
- Clarifying specifications
- Preparing work orders, schedules, field measurements
- Working with subcontractors