This individual will design and coordinate the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. If already have the skills, may also design special hazard/clean agent or fire alarm systems also. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. Close coordination with the project manager, project superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project.
- Applicable degree from a technical school or college preferred
- NICET Level II or higher OR Fire Protection Engineer certifications required
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AlarmCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software. We utilize AutoSprink. AutoSprink experience preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- No less than three years’ experience in commercial, industrial, and residential design
- Must be detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
- Must have good communication skills
- Willing to coordinate and work well with others
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test, background and reference check REQUIRED
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoSprink
- Involved in BIM coordination on many projects
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic and battery/voltage drop calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Manager functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other Delta Fire management personnel
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
Community Involvement & Industry Memberships
Delta Fire Systems, Inc. is proud to actively service in our local communities. In addition to actively participating in volunteer causes and charitable fundraising, we also participate in trade and industry organizations and committees. Some of those organizations include:
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA)
- Idaho Fire Protection Forum (IFPF)
- Institute Of Real Estate Management (IREM), Chapter 89
- Fire Prevention Association Of Nevada (FPAN)
- National Association Of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- National Institute For Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- Northern Nevada Automatic Fire Alarm Association (NNAFAA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Utah Safety Council (USC)
Non-Bargaining Unit Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP).