Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Operations Manager
As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for the newly created position of Project Coordinator, Denver Branch. The Project Coordinators responsibilities include working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule, safety and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Use knowledge of best work practices and procedures to develop project execution strategy and identify task constraints
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare and update job budgets
- Prepare or communicate material requisitions ensuring the accuracy and specifications
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to execute needed changes to the existing plans
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with the industrial turnaround/construction work package
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Candidate must be able to meet all company and customer qualification to access job site including training requirements
Formal Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar/related degree is preferred.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Light Work exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
- Walk (move, traverse) 45% of Day
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) 10% of Day
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) 5% of Day
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) 50% of Day
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) 85% of Day
- Reaching 5% of Day
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment is primarily construction-site based and may involve traveling between various geographic locations or projects. Employee will be required to wear personal protective clothing including but not limited to ear protection, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, and reflective gear. The employee will frequently be on active construction sites involving heavy machinery, cranes, and other vehicles.
Work will involve occasional to frequent exposure to high places, confined spaces, noise, and weather elements.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.