Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Warehouse Foreman
Department: Watkins, CO
Reports to: Branch Manager
Management Role: Non-Manager
Salary Range: $TBD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the management of scaffold, insulation, and consumable inventory, and coordination of inventory movement between multiple jobsites throughout the U.S.A. Utilize Microsoft Excel or other computer software to track movement of inventory between the warehouse and multiple jobsites. Communicate with jobsite Superintendents, Project Managers, and others to obtain inventory needs in order to forecast and fulfill jobsite requirements, while maximizing utilization of resources. Responsible for scheduling shipments of inventory using FedEx, boxed trucks, and flatbed trucks. Provide logistical support to multicraft services, including the maintenance and distribution of scaffolding, insulation, siding and refractory tools and equipment. Supervise yard team members to ensure orderly control of inventory and safe operation of yard functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certified forklift operator or willing and able to undergo forklift operator certification
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- Experience working with scaffold or industrial construction
- Experience with computer software (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Strong process improvement skills with preference in process improvement methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high-performance teams
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to communicate material, equipment, and safety supply needs with field personnel, supervision, purchasing agents, and upper management when requested.
- Utilize computer programs and systems to achieve superior problem solving ability
- Ability to collect and analyze qualitative data
- Exceptional analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills
Time & Project Management
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and oversee the distribution of scaffold assets and other equipment to multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled
- Maintain direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approached to work
- Communicate a “can do” attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- Maintain inventory accuracy throughout the company
- Maximize yard efficiencies to reduce unnecessary movement of equipment
- Record shipment and return data daily
- Complete monthly inventories and annual Physical Inventory
- Ensure operational effectiveness and minimize cost from all non-fleet assets, to include trucks, forklifts, trailers, computers, etc.
- Small tools repair
- Supervise yard personnel in counting inventory, completing pick and return lists, actual picking of inventory, loading and unloading trucks and inspecting equipment for suitability of use
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, organized yard: locating inventory and equipment in a logical manner to minimize loading time, storing equipment in proper racks and cover, insuring proper and safe use of material handling equipment, and removing debris and obstacles
Formal Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 2 related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 50 pounds. Moderate work exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring and in varying temperatures; able to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Often
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.