Human Resources Consultant
We are at it again! We just added to our staff, but we need to keep growing! Lots of need means lots of opportunity!
Are you an Human Resource professional with at least 10 years of generalist experience? Are you interested in joining the most unique (and enjoyable) HR Department in the Midwest?
We provide HR Managed Services to small employers and HR Outsourced Services to large and small employers. If you are looking to apply your HR knowledge and experience in a new way, if you would like more autonomy and flexibility in your schedule, and if you appreciate a supportive team and collaborative work environment, we would like to talk to you.
The position starts part-time, and can either stay part-time or grow to full-time, depending on your goals.
Our firm, Alternative HRD, LLC, serves as the HR Department for a wide range of employers in Southeast South Dakota who have no HR professional on staff. In addition, we work with larger employers who outsource HR projects to us, or who need interim and or transitional HR services. We have a team of highly experienced HR professionals who not only work on a strategic level with business owners and CEOs, but who also do the heavy lifting when our clients need people, add people, train people, lead people and lose people. While we are based in Sioux Falls, many of our clients have offices and/or employees in throughout South Dakota, and in other states.
Projects/Responsibilities you may be asked to tackle:
- Conduct HR Risk Assessments
- Manage Human Resource functions for retainer clients
- Assist clients with recruiting and screening
- Implement HR processes and systems
- Review and update job descriptions, employment handbooks, etc.
- Consult with key executives re. HR objectives and recommend strategies
- Coach managers and supervisors re. personnel and performance issues
- Assure that clients comply with federal and state employment laws
- Assist with compensation and benefits studies
- BA/BS in business, HR or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of successful HR management experience; broad HR knowledge
- Some accounting and payroll experience helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary
- Must be highly competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe
- Confident, professional, positive, with ability to work with deadlines
- Ability/willingness to travel to client locations (generally in SE South Dakota)
- HR certification or advanced degree preferred
Benefits include flexible hours, PTO accrual, retirement plan, supplemental insurance and an awesome team with which to work! Primarily requires weekday hours; considerable flexibility, depending on assignments. For more information about Alternative HRD, check out our website: www.alternativehrd.com!