At Abbott, it’s all about providing an exceptional experience — for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company’s brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals.
In addition, Abbott’s size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
The Project Engineer (PE) shall support the Project Manager (PM), and Superintendent (Supt) as required in order for them to meet their goals through all phases of a project.
- Responsible for managing the submittal process
- Responsible for managing the RFI process
- Responsible for managing the change order proposal process
- Provide research, backup support, legwork, data entry etc. as requested by the PM and Supt
- Complete budget revisions and modifications in Viewpoint as required throughout the job
- Assist to maintain a high level of safety in alignment with Abbott's core values
- Ability to combine knowledge of engineering methods, construction methods and human management skills
- Provide support for planning, scheduling and coordinating projects to meet deadlines
- Offer support to the estimating department by soliciting subcontractors for projects as well as managing and distributing plans
- Be the main point of contact for subcontractors as requested by the Project Manager
- If needed, act as a Project Manager when a Project Manager is unavailable
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Understand accounting, financial statements, job cost, and cash flow
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- 4 year degree in a construction related major
- Motivated for a long term career in construction
- 2 years' project engineering experience
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.