Beach Lake Sprinkler was founded in 1992 and is a well-rounded fire protection company with two offices: Beach Lake, PA and Brooksville, FL. We excel in new construction, renovation, retrofit, and service work for warehouse, distribution, pharmaceutical, hospital, nursing home, industrial, residential and retail markets.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Service & Inspections Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations and providing support for the service and inspections operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and communicate branch service sales goals and budgets
- Ensure company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of credit matters to maintain good customer relations
- Ensure clients are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality service, courteous employees, and quick response to needs and follow-up calls
- Interface directly with customers to solve problems
- Plan goals and objectives for service and inspections operations
- Coordinate all parts and equipment needed to perform service work
- Schedule, prioritize, and dispatch requests for service
- Manage service and inspections work with customers and other trades as required
- Prepare sales quotes for service and inspections upon customers review and review sales staff quotes when needed for accuracy
- Maintain service fleet and material to support continuous operational needs
- Perform other related duties as required
- Directly supervises the Service & Inspections employees working in the office, and indirectly supervises those working the field
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates. Clearly communicates direction and information. Must have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Degree preferred
- Prior business experience, as well as at least 5 years of industry experience, is required
- Previous fire protection experience desired
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NFPA certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Mostly office work, shop work, and on-the-job work with moderate noise, involving standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching on a daily basis
- Some work will be conducted in wet or humid conditions, working near moving parts, and around fumes
- Computer work
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran