Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Fire Alarm Technician
We are looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Technician. If you have a strong work ethic and integrity we want you on our team.
The preferred candidate will be outgoing; highly self-motivated, and able to problem solve.
They will have strong communication skills and a professional image as well as able to handle all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, and service work.
- Site verification of fire alarm installations
- Analysis of blue prints
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors and end users
- Interact with clients, field personnel and Fire Marshals
- Minor sales duties to grow the department
- NICET II certification or willing to receive the certification within 1 year
- Idaho Low Voltage License is required
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years service or install experience is preferred
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 72, Factory Mutual and applicable codes is mandatory
- Able to work independently and also in a group/training environment
- Knowledgeable with programming and troubleshooting multiple fire alarm panel manufacturers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of expenses and schedules
- Possess a valid drivers license; in accordance with Company policy, and be willing to travel within the state of Idaho
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor