Construction Project Engineer
Donley’s is a fourth-generation, nationally recognized leader in construction management, concrete, and restoration services. The firm is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with regional offices in Charleston, South Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina and Richmond, Virginia. With annual revenues over $300 million, Donley’s engages genuine people to provide construction services that deliver and sustain its clients’ vision. The organization’s core values of people, safety, solutions and performance have remained the same since its founding in 1941.
The purpose of this position is to assist the project manager and/or superintendent in one or more aspects of a construction project in the Cleveland area.
• Responsible for the entire submittal process (initiate, review the submittal, log in Viewpoint and distribute to team as appropriate upon approvals and notify to when appropriate to begin fabrication and required delivery date).
• Responsible for the entire RFI process (initiate, review the response, log in Viewpoint and distribute to team as appropriate).
• Review of shop drawings and as-builts for accuracy; maintain drawing log and coordination of multi-discipline submittals as required by trades and contracts.
• Coordination with Subs, vendors, and suppliers, and Donley project team; this includes between the trades for submittals, deliveries, understand expected date of material delivery onsite and installation for communication with superintendent.
• Coordinate, attend and take meeting minutes as assigned by PM at start of project this may include OAC, PM Subcontractor Meetings, and pre start and pre install meetings.
• Prepare notification of project close-out requirements in conformance with project documents with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Assist in processing change orders and change management processes as assigned, and develop quantity take offs for change orders and work orders, as needed.
• Assist project manager and scheduling personnel in preparation of project and billing schedules; updating same throughout project; and, analyzing schedules for potential issues.
• Work with project manager, superintendent and estimating department on subcontractor and supplier on job set up
• Confirm and coordinate budget quantities, overview and cash flow, as needed, and revise budgets based on same and as assigned; perform job cost studies as assigned.
• Enforcement of Donley’s Safety Requirements (Site Safety Plan and Risk Matrix, Safety orientations, Toolbox meetings, Subcontractor safety programs)
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering, or other relevant technical discipline.
• 3-5 years of relevant construction
• Basic understanding of construction document control.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong sense of urgency and a positive, proactive desire to support a broad range of assignments.
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently.
• Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
• The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, co-workers, subcontractors, and construction craft employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 or more semesters of co-op or internship experience in commercial construction, experience with higher education experience highly preferred
• Medical Insurance
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• FSA or HSA
• 401K with Company Match
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
Donley's is an equal opportunity employer