At Closet America we are known for our superior product, unparalleled customer service and professionalism, craftmanship, and service. The results show in our high customer satisfaction scores and in the quality of every system we make. A locally owned and operated company, Closet America offers excellent benefits and a great work culture.
At Closet America you’ll be welcomed into a team of good people who share a commitment to meeting goals and making customers happy. We know how to make work fun, employing friendly competition and sales contests to keep our goals in focus. We set high standards for our work and take pride in a job well done. You’ll enjoy the challenge and reward of transforming lives, one space at a time.
Do you have a passion for woodworking? Do you love being behind the scenes, using specialized machinery – and your skilled hands – to produce beautiful products? Do you take pride in your work and enjoy being part of a hard-working team? If you can answer yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Closet America, a leading closet organization retailer and manufacturer, is looking for a talented shop worker to join us at our Landover, Maryland factory location. Closet America is goal-oriented, fast-paced, and growing rapidly, so you will be challenged and engaged (in an exciting way) from day one.
Shop Worker Duties:
- Operate all machinery used in the manufacturing process
- Perform accurate fabrication of products (including custom closets, organization systems, and accessories)
- Operate forklift
- Maintain a safe environment
- Maintain shop cleanliness
- Perform other duties as assigned
Shop Worker Qualifications:
- Laser Focus: You’re goal-oriented and can focus on the task at hand until it’s done perfectly.
- High Quality Standards: You care about quality and you take pride in the accuracy of your work.
- Problem-Solving Skills: When there’s a problem, you find a creative solution, and you’re comfortable working with others to troubleshoot problems as needed.
- Organized & Professional: You conduct yourself with professionalism and your coworkers can count on you to be organized and on top of your responsibilities.
- Education: High school diploma plus one year of woodworking experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Computer Skills: Competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook)
- Certifications: Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Medical Plan with HSA
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401k with Immediately Vested Company Match
- Educational Assistance
- Free gym access
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- On the job training and professional development