Company Name: Central Minnesota Christian School
Job Title: Superintendent
Location: Prinsburg, MN
Are you a passionate school administrator seeking an opportunity to further your career in growing, community-supported K-12 environment? Are you seeking an opportunity to lead a school in providing a Christ-centered, quality education to equip students for a life of service? Do you have the drive to help us transition to the ‘next level’ to move the education and learning culture forward?
Central Minnesota Christian School in Prinsburg, MN, is currently seeking a new Superintendent. This role is responsible for leading and guiding the operations of the school, the Superintendent is the chief executive officer of the school. He/she is directly accountable to the School Board, maintaining effective communication and collaboration in order to accomplish the shared strategic objectives that will continuously fulfill the long-term mission of the school “to equip students for a life of service.”
The Superintendent is responsible to maintain an organizational and learning culture based on the values of the school. This culture must be Christ-centered-one that inspires faculty, staff and students to live lives of service in God’s Kingdom. Each value represents a principle which is a pillar of our organizational and learning culture and fundamental to our communicating, acting and decision-making. Each of the following responsibilities build and support the culture.
- Develop an organizational culture that is open to new ideas, is eager to create new futures and embraces continuous improvement through learning, personal reflection and development.
- Develop a learning culture which incorporates current thought regarding educational process, teaching methods, best practices, educational outcomes and student/teacher relationships.
- Strategically guide and promote professional development of faculty and staff, including goal setting, accountability and continuing education opportunities.
- Effectively lead educational programs, including academics, arts, athletic and community programs.
- Provide vision and input in all functional areas of the school, with specific attention to governance, finances, transportation and recruitment of new faculty and students.
- Identify developing needs of the school and make definitive plans to address them.
- Set high standards of performance to accomplish excellences and growth in all functional areas.
- Define full potential for CMCS, set related targets and continuously inspire, empower and challenge towards those targets.
- Foster professionalism in the classroom in relationships and practices.
- Provide vital, timely and clear communications to faculty/staff, students and parents.
- Maintain a culture of financial stewardship through the annual budgeting process, measures of financial accountability, effective and timely financial reporting, development of key performance indicators and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all academic programs and operations meet standards acceptable by the selected accrediting organization.
- Promote helpful dialogue and healthy working relationships between the school and the community through listening to, speaking into and engagement with the community.
- Encourage and support all faculty, staff, parents and students through healthy working relationships.
- Value and maintain relationships through proactive, meaningful and helpful communication.
- Authentically know the individual gifts and character of each member of the CMCS faculty/staff team.
- Provide an environment for each member of the faculty, staff and student body to struggle and grow.
- Maintain a presence of humility and engagement with faculty, staff and students.
- Inspire faculty, staff, students and parents to live lives devoted to Christ through words and deeds.
- Humbly give of self to invest in the cause of Christian education and in the lives of others.
- Nurture an awe of the greatness of our God through academic discovery, vision implementation and opportunities for spiritual growth for students, faculty/staff and parents.
- Engage with leadership in the broader Christian education community.
Educational & Experience Qualifications
- Consensus with the CMCS expression of Christian education as described in its guiding principles.
- Classroom teaching experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in school administration.
- Master’s degree in education, preferably in areas of leadership/administration.
- Previous leadership experience at the organizational level.
Personal Qualifications and Skills
- A godly example of servant leadership
- An authentic relationship with Christ evidenced with full integration of Christ-like attributes in life-patterns, communication, leadership and service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively inspire, influence and empower members of the organization.
- Effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective performance management skills.
- Ability to relate well and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise financial stewardship.
If you sense the gifts and experience God has given you are a good match for Central Minnesota Christian School, we invite you to apply. To be considered, all applications must possess:
- A letter of interest that includes your personal statement of faith and statement of educational philosophy.
- A current resume
To learn more about CMCS and this opportunity, see our Opportunity Profile here:
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.