Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. Our overall purpose is to "Build Great Leaders".
Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. The staff accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits be a part of a corporate support team for 14 branches across the Northeast.
- Participate in a monthly internal financial statement close process and quarterly external financial statement close process.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serve as a backup for Payroll, payroll taxes and sales and use taxes.
- A thorough knowledge of general accounting procedures, reporting, expense analysis and journal posting is required
- Ability to think critically, problem solve independently
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization since they can be highly visible and interact daily with executive management, project team leaders, sales managers and financial professionals.
Education / Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance is required.
- A professional certification such as a certified public accountant (CPA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience required.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of v-lookups, pivot tables and manipulation of large volumes of excel data are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX and 365 a plus.