Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Service Coordinators are responsible for scheduling and coordination of jobs and general support for the service & inspections departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open new jobs in the system to ensure correct information has been entered
- Coordinate manpower for emergency service calls
- Take service calls and provide repair pricing for call-in customers
- Dispatch technicians and inspectors to jobs as needed.
- Assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Maintains an accurate database, updating job, customer & collection information as needed.
- Works closely with the customer concerning updates on the job, questions on invoices and/or the receiving of service calls and emergency calls.
- Scans and uploads all necessary documents into each customer folders/files within the electronic document storage system.
- May assist the Billing Admin or Service Manager with special projects such as distribution of marketing materials, filing, payroll/time backup, renewals, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to be flexible and handle scheduling changes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- One year in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with AIA billing and completing lien waivers not required, but is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes or other light office items
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran