At Abbott, it’s all about providing an exceptional experience — for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company’s brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals.
In addition, Abbott’s size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
The Foreman supervises and coordinates the activities of construction in alignment with Abbott’s core values of exceptional customer service and safety. The Foreman is available to assume supervisory responsibilities when the Superintendent is not available.
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the construction site
- Act as the on-site safety officer and be able to train and delegate if necessary
- Ensure that subcontractors adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Develop and lead field teams throughout the construction process
- Identify and prepare Job Hazard Analysis for all hazards associated with the project
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Able to read and interpret plans and specs
- Has knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction process
- Able to motivate develop and direct people as they work while identifying the best people
for the job
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction sites.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.