Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems.
Advanced Fire Protection is a subsidiary of WSFP and is one of the leading fire protection companies in the Oklahoma City area. At Advanced Fire Protection we are committed to providing innovative, state of the art life safety systems and solutions. This is accomplished through working together as a team and utilizing our core values that include a family spirit, integrity, professionalism, safety, leadership, ownership, compassion and quality.
Benefits are through the local union organization.
Fire Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman
Fire Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry and Western States Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants for this position. These individuals will perform the installation of water fire suppression systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
- Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, carbon dioxide systems, halon systems, foam systems and dry chemical systems
- Travel within the state of Oklahoma to work on various locations/job sites as necessary
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- Willing to become a member of the Local Union
- Proficient Knowledge of the Installation of water based fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, health care and residential buildings
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma OR GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to lift up to at least 50 pounds; Willing to climb ladders
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check; if applicable
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor